Date:      Mon, 20 May 2002 18:05:18 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Custom Kernel for install

* Shaun Newcomer <shaun@ncweb.com> [20020520 05:00]: wrote:
> I know it is possible to build a kernel with SMP support, which is what I
> need for one of my machines. I am unsure how I would create an image of the
> kernel so I could write it to a floppy. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Okay, build it somewhere and make sure it's stripped of all the stuff you
are not after.
Then grab the kernel.flp (it always has kernel.gz, right), mount it
and see if the size of the kernel you built (after you gzip it) would
replace the one on that floppy. I hope you know how to mount those
floppies ;-)
If not then try and see http://people.freebsd.org/~alfred/pxe for some
help on this.....

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington  <wash@wananchi.com>    "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

It's not that I'm afraid to die.  I just don't want to be there when it
happens.
		-- Woody Allen