Date:      Thu, 12 Jan 2006 20:54:19 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Jo Rhett <jrhett@svcolo.com>, Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav <des@des.no>
Subject:   Re: Fast releases demand binary updates..

--nextPart1230442.SgRGYFZx8E

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:04, Jo Rhett wrote:
> > ports/76724 - patch committed after a week
> > docs/87445 - immediately adopted by a committer, being worked on
>
> I received no e-mail notification of either.  My posts about said bugs to
> the appropriate mailing lists garnered no responses other than "put in
> GNATS"

You should have.
I get email when my PR's are changed..
(I have submitted a few more than you but not many)

Maybe you should consider your email system was at fault here? Or there was=
 a=20
temporary problem with the FreeBSD mail servers?

I'd be pretty suprised at the later as lost email is very very rare in my=20
experience (when dealing with FreeBSD).

> > Oh, how we have wronged you!  Please let us know how we may correct
> > this grievous injustice!
>
> Nice sarcasm.  Doesn't change that these were ignored, or that other
> proposed patches gathered zero responses so I stopped bothering to submit
> them.  As I said, I've learned that "no response" means "will be ignored".

Quite frankly given the way you have approached this, I am not suprised you=
=20
get scorn.

None of those PRs where ignored, your saying they were in the face of evide=
nce=20
in GNATS considerably weakens your position of "poor coder those mean FreeB=
SD=20
people keep ignoring".

=2D-=20
are so many of them to choose from."