Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:01:18 +0100
From:      "robert harpham" <robert@fenlanarena.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   install help needed on the probing side of things

Hi

i decided to instlll FreeBSD 5 onto my file server due to upgraing main =
hard drive etc etc..

when i try 2 run the CD all boots fine, pres enter then start probing my =
hardware and it gets to the IDE device find my 2hard drivers, CD Rom =
fine, then just locks up like dosnt do anythink left it for a long time =
but just sits there. pres the num lock keys they work ligh on and off. =
but does go any thera on the instll..

i had linux turbolinux on there before and it ran fine.

i have bin over my bios 2 check driver setting but everythink seems =
right

any one elce had this problem?

i have tryed 2 dif CD-ROM drivers 2, Liton and a acer 40x drive
both get 2 same point. also tryed with 1 HDD only

any one have any idea

many thanks
Kudos