Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 1997 11:32:19 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: current on notebook (as of Oct 3)

> > [ Moved to -mobile ]
> >
> > > well.. I'm running into some interesting problems...  every other reboot
> > > just before it prints the type of pcic chip it does (the PC-Card Intel line):
> > >
> > > Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
> > > fault virtual address	= 0x80000008
> >
> > I was seeing these last night until I updated *all* of my code.  I'm not
> > sure what caused it, but it happenned all the time with my new code
> > changes.  I suspect something in the interrupt code, but I never got a
> > chance to verify it since the box is now solid with everything updated.
>
> ok... well.. the wierd part is this is from a tree of Oct 3rd...  so
> it's before your changes that you did yesterday...  I was also having
> problems with nfs hanging...  but I completed the install by hand...

This is typical of the types of problems I was seeing as well.  Even
after I backed out my pccard changes I still had problems, but I thought
it may have had something to do with the changes I made in kern_intr to
the printing (whY???), so I updated /sys/kern.  Unfortunately, it made
lots of changes I hadn't expected, so I updated my entire sys tree and
re-built everything, which made all of the problems go away.  I brought
back my changes and things were still OK, so I'm calling it some sort of
brokeness in the tree that is now fixed.

Nate