Date:      Sun, 06 Apr 1997 00:08:26 +0900
From:      NISHIO Shuichi <nishio@caleche.kecl.ntt.co.jp>
To:        vanmaren@fast.cs.utah.edu
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: APIC_IO problem on Tyan S1668

From: vanmaren@fast.cs.utah.edu (Kevin Van Maren)
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 13:23:54 -0700

> Nope!  There are two cards in the 5-PCI slot MotherBoard (NO bridge chips).
> Note that they are both on PCI bus #0.  The problem is that there are
> 5 PCI slots, 4 PCI/ISA redirection registers, and 4 MP table entries.
> Yes, it is a problem with the Tyan MB that it doesn't have all the PCI
> slots in the table.

The DEC ether card that didn't work is placed in the slot shared with
ISA, and today, I read, somewhere from AltaVista's output, that S1668
only supports bus mastering on 4 PCI slots out of 5 (I'm not sure
whether this is true or not: Tyan's manual says nothing about this).

Is this related to the problem?

Nishio Shuichi