Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 1997 10:10:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Chutima Subsirin <chutima@bisnews.co.th>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (Fwd) How to use Cyclom-8Ys

On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, Chutima Subsirin wrote:
> I use FreeBSD version 2.1.5 with KERNEL-compiled to support cy0. Then
> I use MAKEDEV to create cuac0-7 , ttyc0-7. But I can't use those
> devices for my application.  In log file of application wrote
> something like this ' output fd can not write-able'.

The default permissions on cuac* are 660 uucp.dialer and
permissions on ttyc* are 600 root.wheel

Does your app (or the user running it) have permission to
use the devices?

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com