Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 1996 15:54:43 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Adam W. Dace" <thekind@NETural.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Connectix Quick-Cam...Yea/Na?

Does anyone out there yet have a qcam?  I got my just yesterday, have it
working well with Linux at home, and am wondering if anyone has done the
work to port some of this cool software to FreeBSD?

If not, I might take a crack at it myself.

Also, if anyone's interested, I'll be setting up a directory on our ftp
server -- ftp.netural.com:/pub/linux/qcam, and attempting to mirror all
of the software out there that's available for this awesomely cool,
inexpensive device.

I have a friend (one of several) who are already running web-pages that
do image-grabs from the camera and put it up on their pages.

Please check out http://spunky.roadkill.com/~unwin for an example.  At
the bottom of the page is a link to the QuickCam Reverse Engineer
Project...those darn big companies, when will they learn they can't hide
what people want to know?

| Adam W. Dace <thekind@NETural.com>  | NETural Communications, Inc.         |
|            Webmaster                | Paying too much for your Net access? |
|       http://www.NETural.com/       | NETural Voice: (312) 819-2231        |