Date:      Fri, 9 Apr 1999 14:19:42 -0500
From:      "Chris Wherley" <cwherley@bullets.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   cannot find kernel.config

Good Afternoon,

Please reply to cwherley@bullets.net.
I am a Tech Coordinator in a school district in Central IL.  We server as an
ISP to our community.  We have approx 200 customers.  Our server has
problems.
Hopefully you can help or at least get me moving forward.  Thanks.
Explanation follows.

I have a  FreeBSD box that locked up and on reboot I get some messages as
follows:

cannot find boot.config
cannot find boot.data

boot:

Waits 15 seconds

starts boot
cannot find kernel.config

probes the devices
hangs on
changing root device to sd0a

CTRL-ALT-DEL  Syncs the drives and restarts the box.

Specs on machine as follows:

128 MB RAM
2 3COM NICs
Futisju SCSI 9GB Hard Drive