Date:      Thu, 12 Jun 2014 17:52:05 +0200
From:      Florian Heigl <florian.heigl@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   "Online" Updating of OpenSSL

Hi,

I suppose we pretty much all went through some updates since April.
So far, I have been rebooting the affected systems during the OpenSSL =
updates to make sure the services are all properly restarted.

I=92d like to switch to some kind of restarting only the affected =
services, as that would minimize the downtimes from minutes to seconds.

But how do you identify the affected applications and relate them to =
scripts in /etc/rc.d /usr/local/etc/rc.d ?

How are you guys handling it?

- Identifying what=92s really linked to openssl / gnutls / whatever
- Restarting gracefully at the right time

Greetings,
Florian=