Date:      Tue, 8 Jul 1997 10:32:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Lowe <dlowe@sirius.com>
To:        David Greenman <dg@root.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Logging kernel panics

David -

We already have everything going to a serial console, as I said - the
problem is that the device we're using to attach to the serial console
doesn't log anything.  It would show us the panic message only if someone
was attached to the console at the time.

What I'm looking for is some way of storing the last panic error in a more
permanent fashion - to disk, assuming the disk isn't toast...

Any ideas?

					David Lowe