Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 10:35:23 -0400
From:      Jamie Norwood <mistwolf@mushhaven.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   FTP question

I have a machine that is behind a firewall. Port 21 is open for FTP,
with the intent of using passive mode. However, nothing seems to work.
I need to know what I need to do to let this work, since we are trying
not to open up full telnet.

Log:

perath:/home/mistwolf> ftp mushhaven.net
Connected to mushhaven.net.
220 diarmadhi.mushhaven.net FTP server (Version 6.00LS) ready.
Name (mushhaven.net:mistwolf):
331 Password required for mistwolf.
Password:
230 User mistwolf logged in.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> ls
ftp: connect: Network dropped connection on reset
ftp> pass
Passive mode off.
ftp> ls
200 PORT command successful.
425 Can't build data connection: Network dropped connection on reset.
ftp> pass
Passive mode on.
ftp> ls
ftp: connect: Network dropped connection on reset
ftp>

Thanks!

Jamie