Date:      Wed, 12 Sep 2012 12:46:36 +0200
From:      Edward Meewis <ed@extraordinarymachine.nl>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Building world with clang ToT

Hi,

Has anyone recently built FreeBSD10-current with clang on a FreeBSD9
amd64 system?

I've bumped into a number of issues. Mainly, buildworld picks up the old
system includes, which miss newly introduced symbols; same thing with
libraries. I fixed that by pointing compiler and linker to
/usr/obj/FreeBSD-HEAD/tmp/include and lib.

Building stops in lib/libstand:

/usr/home/emeewis/src/FreeBSD-HEAD/lib/libstand/i386/_setjmp.S:50:82:
error: register %rbp is only available in 64-bit mode
.text; .p2align 4,0x90; .globl _setjmp; .type _setjmp,@function;
_setjmp:; pushq %rbp; movq %rsp,%rbp; call .mcount; popq %rbp; 9:

Libstand is build in i386 mode, but includes machine/asm.h in _setjmp.S.
Is there a way to force it to use i386/asm.h?

I had a go with gcc, but I got the same results...

-- Ed.