Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 1995 11:29:07 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@rocky.sri.MT.net>
To:        =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= (aka Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage) <ache@astral.msk.su>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, nate@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LD hits again :-(

> cc -O2 -m486 -fno-strength-reduce    -L/usr/src/secure/usr.bin/bdes/../../lib/libcipher/obj -o bdes bdes.o  -lcipher
> bdes.o: WARNING!  des_setkey(3) not present in the system!
> bdes.o: WARNING!  des_cipher(3) not present in the system!
>
> Note: shared libchipher exists in given -Lpath.

I've seen this, but I don't know why this is being printed.  It's
certainly not a function of the linker.  Ahh, I see.  It's picking up
the versions in libc rather than the static versions in
lib/libcipher/obj/libcipher.a.

I agree it's a bug, and it *will* be looked at.  However, we're still
resolving the last of the ld.so changes, so until that gets done the
other stuff won't get done. :(

Nate