Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 1996 15:19:07 -0800
From:      David Muir Sharnoff <muir@idiom.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re: Is stable supposed to compile right now?

* You have to do a 'make world'.  Make install in /usr/src/includes
* doesn't pick up enough of the include file and other dependencies to do
* the right thing.

Okay, thanks.

* > The other problem that I have is that the new ipfw doesn't appear to
* > work.   Since there is now a default rule to drop all packets, a
* > non-functional ipfw is a show-stopper.
*
* That is a function of the new IPFW.  You *must* be on the console the
* first time you use it, OR you must add some default rules immediately
* after the network is configured to allow certain packets in.

Dman, I just figured out what I was doing wrong last night.
"accept" != "allow".  Damn.  Could someone please nuke
the bug report I submitted on the subject: bin/1077?

I still think the default rule should need to be compiled in, but
as long as ipfw works, I can deal with it.

-Dave