Date:      Thu, 19 Jan 2012 09:11:13 +0000
From:      Matt Burke <mattblists@icritical.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installworld broken with an NFS /tmp

I've found the following thread from 2009 which matches what I've just come
across while trying to install 9-RELEASE to disk on a machine with an NFS root.

I've just worked around this by nullfs mounting the local disk's /tmp over
the existing (nfs) /tmp, but is there a better way of doing this - an
environment variable to specify an alternate to /tmp perhaps?

Thanks.

--
Apologies for the below

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended for the addressee only. If you have received this message in error or there are any problems please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.

Critical Software Ltd. reserves the right to monitor and record e-mail messages sent to and from this address for the purposes of investigating or detecting any unauthorised use of its system and ensuring its effective operation.

Critical Software Ltd. registered in England, 04909220. Registered Office: IC2, Keele Science Park, Keele, Staffordshire, ST5 5NH.

This message has been scanned for security threats by iCritical.
    For further information, please visit www.icritical.com