Date:      Wed, 2 May 2007 00:38:59 +0200
From:      Henrik Brix Andersen <henrik@brixandersen.dk>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cpu.cx usage no longer available?

--jho1yZJdad60DJr+

Hi,

On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 03:13:38PM -0700, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> I just installed Hans Petter's new USB driver on my laptop and wanted to
> see if it still prevented the system from dropping into deeper sleep
> modes. In the past I was limited to C2 when USB was loaded.
>=20
> Now I see only hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest. cx_usage and cx_supported seem to
> be gone.
>=20
> I am running on a Pentium-M CPU, single core.

You neglected to tell us which FreeBSD version you are running - but
on my -CURRENT system, the cx_usage and cx_supported sysctls are still
there:

$ sysctl -a | grep cx
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: C3
dev.cpu.0.cx_supported: C1/1 C2/1 C3/17
dev.cpu.0.cx_lowest: C3
dev.cpu.0.cx_usage: 95.09% 0.14% 4.76%
dev.cpu.1.cx_supported: C1/1 C2/1 C3/17
dev.cpu.1.cx_lowest: C3
dev.cpu.1.cx_usage: 0.00% 97.66% 2.33%

Mind you, this is with the in-tree USB stack.

Regards,
Brix
--=20
Henrik Brix Andersen <henrik@brixandersen.dk>