Date:      Fri, 8 Jul 2022 00:03:18 -0500
From:      Software Info <softwareinfojam@gmail.com>
To:        Michael Loftis <mloftis@wgops.com>
Cc:        Nick Kostirya via freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Mailman and obhttpd

Thanks very much for your reply. I had tried that exact line but when
I ran obhttpd -n I kept getting a syntax error on line 12. That's the
line that has
root { "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/", strip 1 }   When I changed the
line to root "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/" the sytax error went away.
Could it be that the FreeBSD version of HTTPD doesn't support all the
options that the OpenBSD version does?

On Thu, Jul 7, 2022 at 10:00 PM Michael Loftis <mloftis@wgops.com> wrote:

> Not an expert on the openbsd https but from what I recall Your root shoul=
d look more like root { =E2=80=9C/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin=E2=80=9C, strip=
 1 } =E2=80=94 your current configuration is telling it to exec the directo=
ry, which obviously won=E2=80=99t work. =E2=80=A6 the latter tells it to ta=
ke the URI and strip one component off to complete the filesystem part to t=
he CGI=E2=80=A6