Date:      Thu, 28 Dec 1995 23:17:31 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        sos@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, jdli@linux.csie.nctu.edu.tw, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: syscons driver

sos@FreeBSD.org stands accused of saying:

> > Well, I think that's actually a bit harsh..  I've seen a couple of
> > perfectly acceptable games running under svgalib (asteroids, doom) and
> > apparently there's even a slick little gui toolkit somewhere for it.
>
> What gui toolkit - where - where - show me, maybe it could save me
> writing some 1000's lines of code :) :)

How much GUI toolkit were you planning on writing?  If all you were
planning on was a set of base primitives, you should check out libgrx
that comes as a part of DJGPP (the gcc port to MSDOS).  There's also
a BGI-to-grx wrapper library that would make porting dos-BGI programs
a boatload easier...

> Soren Schmidt             (sos@FreeBSD.org)             FreeBSD Core Team

]] "Who does BSD?" "We do Chucky, we do."                               [[