Date:      Tue, 8 Mar 2022 19:50:58 +0800
From:      PstreeM China <pstreem@gmail.com>
To:        infoomatic <infoomatic@gmx.at>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: local-unbound in a jail

--000000000000cb816505d9b3989b

yes, highly recommend using vnet to do this. and also recommend the tools:
*bastille* . it's a amazing tools to manager the jail.
i think vnet it's the best way to startup the service in jail.  i use
bastille create jail and configure use vnet .

On Sat, Feb 19, 2022 at 2:03 AM infoomatic <infoomatic@gmx.at> wrote:

> I highly recommend using vnet enabled jails for network based services
> ... imho too much hassle with networking issues with non-vnet jails.
>

> On 18.02.22 18:02, Steve Kirk wrote:
> > Afternoon all,
> >
> > I suspect that I know the answer to this question, however... I have
> > tried to run local-unbound in a jail (as I intend to run rspamd in
> > said jail) but it seems like it doesn't play nicely because there's no
> > loopback address *inside* the jail which is the only interface this
> > service is designed to work with.
> >
> > Trying to keep things minimal but I think I should be installing
> > unbound or named from ports if I want a caching DNS server inside a
> > jail, rather than abusing local-unbound?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Steve

--000000000000cb816505d9b3989b

mmend the tools:=C2=A0 <b>bastille</b> . it&#39;s a amazing=C2=A0tools=C2=
=A0to=C2=A0manager the=C2=A0jail.=C2=A0<div>i think vnet it&#39;s the best =
way to startup the service in jail.=C2=A0 i use bastille create jail and co=
r" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat, Feb 19, 2022 at 2:03 AM infoomatic &lt;<a h=
left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">I highly recommend using =
vnet enabled jails for network based services<br>
... imho too much hassle with networking issues with non-vnet jails.<br>
On 18.02.22 18:02, Steve Kirk wrote:<br>
&gt; Afternoon all,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I suspect that I know the answer to this question, however... I have<b=
r>
&gt; tried to run local-unbound in a jail (as I intend to run rspamd in<br>
&gt; said jail) but it seems like it doesn&#39;t play nicely because there&=
#39;s no<br>
&gt; loopback address *inside* the jail which is the only interface this<br=

&gt; service is designed to work with.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Trying to keep things minimal but I think I should be installing<br>
&gt; unbound or named from ports if I want a caching DNS server inside a<br=

&gt; jail, rather than abusing local-unbound?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Cheers,<br>
&gt; Steve<br>
&gt;<br>