Date:      Fri, 11 Dec 1998 18:32:09 +0200 (EET)
From:      pam@polynet.lviv.ua
To:        "Richard Seaman, Jr." <lists@tar.com>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Linux Interbase client library for Perl (was Re: linux threads binary)

Hello,

I'm experimenting with Linux version of Interbase - very flexible and
powerful  RDBMS server (http://www.interbase.com) under FreeBSD-current.
Interbase v 4.0 seems to run ok under current linuxlator. Worse are things
with clients: command line client works, but it lacks features to be
suitable for appliaction development.

So I've downloaded IBPerl (freeware Interbase client library for Perl5)
and compiled it as Linux Perl module under emulation (it comes only with
Linux binary library, so no chances for native client :-(

IBPerl module starts and fails on execution of gds_pipe - some sort of
communication application for Interbase server access.

I'd like to try your patches to see if they could help resolve gds_pipe
failure.

BTW, -current port of linux_kdump is marked as broken, where I can find
this utility for recent current? Or can I trust usual kdump?

Thanks in advance,

Adrian Pavlykevych 			email: 		<pam@polynet.lviv.ua>
System Administrator			phone/fax:	+380 (322) 742041
State University "Lvivska Polytechnica"