Date:      Wed, 9 Nov 2011 23:47:42 +0530
From:      linux freaker <linuxfreaker@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Building a custom patched FreeBSD ISO

Hi,

I am in verse to build own custom, patched FreeBSD ISO following
http://romana.now.ie/writing/customfreebsdiso.html
Though my requirement is including latest mfi driver from LSI for MegaRAID
SAS driver since the last 9.1rc1, 8.x and 7.4 includes generic kernel which
already has mfi but doesnt support the H300 card.
I am following this link which is old back 2004. Does it still hold good?
Anyone who have experience working on this subject before, please share
your experience.

I can see this guide
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/f...ch/145216.html<http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2007-March/145216.html>;
which
followed the above link but is in detail.

 Until now, I am able to execute the following steps:

I did a boot from bootable CDROM then network install

setup filesystem :

root 2G
swap 1G
var 2G
usr 30G

home dirs will be in /usr/home

Select Kern-Developer, no Xwindows, no ports

After reboot, *sysinstall* and install cvsup-without-gui-16.1h_2 from the
FTP
site.

Also install a complete set of sources from the distribution media.

8) Upgrade ports directories

*cd /root*

c) *cp /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile .*
d) *vi ports-supfile* change mirror name
cvsup10.us.FreeBSD.org (It took 4 hours)
e) *rehash*
f) *cvsup -g -L 2 /root/ports-supfile*

I am following this guide
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/f...ch/145216.html<http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2007-March/145216.html>;
step
by step.
Now the guide says:

g) Create the index with the command *make index* or
h) Fetch the index with the command *make fetchindex*
*
*
I have no idea under which folder I need to run this command.
Meanwhile, I skipped those steps and have been running *make buildworld*..and
further ..

Any idea if I need to follow the first or second link?