Date:      Sat, 6 Jul 2019 18:13:46 +0000
From:      Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To:        Michael Tuexen <tuexen@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD PowerPC ML <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: autobooting FreeBSD on Black Bird

On Sat, Jul 06, 2019 at 02:03:18PM +0200, Michael Tuexen wrote:
> Using these settings I would expect the system to boot FreeBSD
> automatically after 5 seconds. This does not happen. The system
> also tests for PXE boot although not configured above.

I just yesterday updated the wiki article:

  https://wiki.freebsd.org/powerpc/Raptor/Blackbird

based on my experiences with the new box sitting at my left elbow :-)
So, it's possible to make it work.  Our settings appear _almost_
identical.

OTOH that article still has the instructions I was given to set up
remote access (at Integricloud).  So, I *did* do the 'ifconfig enP4p1s0f2'
dance, whether or not it was neccessary.

So I would either try that, or set Network to "DHCP on a specific
interface", which I think I had to specify, as well.

Let me know what works for you and I will update the wiki article.
I expect we will have more users joining us.

mcl