Date:      Tue, 5 Nov 1996 21:40:58 -0500
From:      robin@intercore.com (Robin Cutshaw)
To:        fenner@parc.xerox.com (Bill Fenner)
Cc:        danny@panda.hilink.com.au (Daniel O'Callaghan), gavin@ormond.unimelb.edu.au (Gavin Cameron), freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ZNYX346 and FreeBSD 2.1.5 and the latest SNAP (fwd)

Bill Fenner writes:
> Daniel, Gavin,
>
>   Look in sys/pci/if_de.c; there is some kludgery there to handle the
> ZNYX 21040 multiport cards.  It's worth trying to duplicate the 21040
> special-case code and seeing if it can handle the 21140 ZNYX; it looks
> fairly straightforward.

I've got the cogent equivalent of this card (which is now from adaptec).
This card get the same error reports.  I've looked through the srom data
that's there and I haven't quite figured out how to uniquely identify
the card.  The card doesn't seem to follow its 21040 equivalent in
programming design.

As anyone finds info on these cards, I'd appreciate an update so that
support can be added...

Thanks,
robin
--
----
Robin Cutshaw         internet: robin@interlabs.com robin@intercore.com

    "Time is just one damn thing after another" -- PBS/Nova
----