Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 09:42:42 -0700
From:      bmah@acm.org (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        Ilya Naumov <camel@avias.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vnc is broken

--==_Exmh_1087904028P

If memory serves me right, Ilya Naumov wrote:

> ports/net/vnc is broken. "make" fails with the following message:
>
> "Makefile", line 826: Missing dependency operator
> make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

You haven't give enough information (although giving the error message
from make is a good start).  Like what version of FreeBSD?  Are you
doing cvsup to keep your ports tree up to date or using what came with a
distribution/snapshot?  What other relevent ports might be installed on
the system?

Looking back through my mailspool, I see where someone else had
problems with the vnc port if XFree86 4.0 was also installed on the
system.  Unfortunately, I don't have any machines running XFree86 4.0,
so I haven't been able to follow-up with this.  Is it possible this is
related to your problem?

Bruce.
(Maintainer of the vnc port.)

--==_Exmh_1087904028P