Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 1997 00:13:43 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Make world hanging?

I just tried to do a make world twice in a row (the only change being
booting a -current kernel after the last make world).

===> share
===> share/dict
===> share/doc
===> share/doc/FAQ
sgmlfmt -f html  /usr/src/share/doc/FAQ/FAQ.sgml

It hung there for a good long time (at least two hours) before I hit
^C.  I tried to do a make all and got the same hang.

Has anybody else seen this?

This is with CTM 3212, if that matters.  I haven't seen anything that
would cause this in the change logs, but maybe I missed something.
I'll give CTM 3214..3217 depending on when they arrive and I get a
chance to try this again.

Warner

P.S.  I was trying to see the difference in make world times between
2.1.6R and -current on my new machine when I ran into this.  -current
seems to be slower, but the hang makes it hard to compare.  And this is
to a JAZ drive (which really slows things down).