Date:      Tue, 9 Jan 1996 15:53:48 PST
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to run pwd_mkdb from fixit floppy?

I installed the 2.1 upgrade and can't log in, so am guessing that it's
I was using DES passwords and the 2.1 upgrade installed the MD5 system.
I figured I'd just boot the fixit floppy, remove root's password and
reboot, but it turns out to be a little harder than that -- pwd_mkdb is
linked shared and there is no ld.so available in fixit-land.

Any clues on how I can get logged in to straighten the world out?

Thanks,
  Bill