Date:      Thu, 05 Dec 1996 13:48:42 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Terje Normann Marthinussen <Terje.N.Marthinussen@cc.uit.no>
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org, "Erich Boleyn,,,," <erich@uruk.org>
Subject:   Re: >2 CPU SMP test

Hi,

> >TADA!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
> Seems like there was an additional bonus here.
>
> It also made APIC_IO work. Just done a bunch of kernel compilations
> with both APIC_IO and SMP_INVLTLB as well as all 4 CPU's running. Haven't
> noticed any problems yet.
>
> I've tried some patches from Steve lately, as well as some small changes
> myself, so I did a fresh cvs checkout of the entire smp-current and it
> looks like the fix above is all that is needed.

I am cleaning up the CHECK() macros and making them part of the code, they
proved quite useful for finding this bug.  I am alos cleaning up the code
in startAllAPs() and startAP() to make the messages, etc clearer.

Should be checking it in in a few hours, want to test-compile etc first.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD