Date:      Sat, 1 Apr 1995 20:35:56 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Pritchard <pritc003@maroon.tc.umn.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Soundblaster 16 control program

Are there currently any programs out there that will allow me to
control my Soundblaster 16 card in a similar manner to the DOS
sb16set program?  I currently have a CD-ROM drive that is not
supported by FreeBSD (and the maker claims that all programming info
is proprietary and won't hand it out, otherwise I would write a driver
for it...grr!), but I can still pop in a CD and hit the play button and
listen to music CDs.  The problem is that I would like to be able to control
the volume.  It looks like I need something that will interface to /dev/mixer.
Any pointers (either to programs or docs on /dev/mixer)?
--
Mike Pritchard
pritc003@maroon.tc.umn.edu