Date:      Mon, 4 Feb 2002 14:01:15 +0000 (GMT)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Matt=20Sykes?= <mattmsykes@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        Hongbo Li <stevensbsd@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipfilter problem in FreeBSD 4.5

 --- Hongbo Li <stevensbsd@yahoo.com> wrote: > I use a dual-homed
FreeBSD box as firewall gateway,
> running FreeBSD 4.5 stable and ipfilter 3.4.20 . Every
> time I use a ftp client from a internal
> windows box to access a external ftp server, I can
> succesfully login in and do something. But when the
> ftp connection timeouts and I run the "ls" command
> over the connection, the gateway box(FreeBSD) hangs.
> who can tell me why? Thanks! By the way, Before I
> upgraded the FreeBSD box to 4.5 stable, the box run
> perfectly(4.4 stable and 4.5 RC).

Which ftp client are you using?

This may or may not be relevant, but the default ftp client
that ships with windows is *hosed*.

It has to do with improper ftp protocols for "ls".

Do a google search on 'microsoft ftp client ls'.

I've had similar problems to what you describe; they
went away when I found another ftp client.

--Matt