Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2006 23:37:53 +0400
From:      "Marat N.Afanasyev" <amarat@ksu.ru>
To:        freebsd-performance@freebsd.org
Subject:   freebsd 6.1-RC amd64 spends a lot of time in 'system' load

Hello!

I encounered a problem and don't know how to handle it yet. I have a SMP
machine with 2 opterons and 4G of memory running freebsd 6.1-RC. It
serves as web and mail server and runs mysql 4.1 as well. Problem is
using a large amount of CPU to handle 'system' tasks. vmstat 1 shows
that average numbers of context switching is about 100k. I've tried to
use all recomendation I've found, but problem still persists. Can
anybody give me a glue, what I should tune first of all. Any information
you'll need will be provided.

--
SY, Marat