Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2000 17:54:09 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Andrew Pinkham <defcon@mail.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: unix

On Sun, 09 Apr 2000 17:58:32 -0400, Andrew Pinkham wrote:

> I have one question

You have a fairly rudely worded message, given that you're directing at
people who donate their free time to helping others.

> why the hell do you have to make it so hard to install unix from floopy
> all of it makes absolutly no sense.

Almost everything in FreeBSD is developed and maintained on a volunteer
basis.  If the mass floppy installation is broken, it's because none of
the volunteers has seen fit to maintain this part of FreeBSD.

I know why _I_ wouldn't spend my time on it -- I'd sooner slap a spare
disk into a machine temporarily and install off _that_ than install of
floppy.

I hope this puts things into perspective for you.

By the way, you'll find that most FreeBSD developers will be a lot more
defensive in answering this kind of antagonistic question.  Next time,
think about who you're talking to. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.