Date:      Sun, 2 Jul 1995 23:47:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ken Wong <kwong@fathergoose.net6c.io.org>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sio driver problem

> >Then how can we get pppd to work when getty is running at the same
> >serial port.
> >>
> >> ttyd1 should only be used for incoming calls.
>
> >ttyd1 is used for incoming call i.e. getty on ttyd1.  and pppd on cuaa1.
>
> Don't allow getty to open ttyd1.  Perhaps Carrier Detect is configured
> (in the modem) to be always high.  That would allow getty to open ttyd1
> immediately.  Carrier Detect should be configured to only be high while
> there is a connection.

in this case, I am not sure I can disable it. I used kermit to dialout,
after getting the connection,  exit kermit. (I guess at this point
Carrier Detect (CD) is ON) I invoke pppd on cuaa1, but pppd complained
that the port is busy ( I suppose getty may mistaken that CD is actually
not intended for the getty but for the pppd).

> Bruce

Ken