Date:      Mon, 7 Jan 2008 17:52:48 -0500
From:      John Nielsen <lists@jnielsen.net>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: QLogic HBAs+EMC AX100 SAN

On Monday 07 January 2008 04:50:35 pm Lan Tran wrote:
> John Nielsen wrote:
> > Quoting Gary Palmer <gpalmer@freebsd.org>:
> >>
> >> man geom_fox
> >
> > geom_multipath (by mjacob as it happens) is more complete and
> > user-friendly and is/will be included with FreeBSD 7. See this (short)
> > thread:
> >2120f238ca8c/0f58dd01c5ef0b16
>
> Thanks for the thread.  That is a good news.  I'll wait for 7.0-R to try
> geom_multipath or is it included in 7.0-PRE already?

It's been in 7-CURRENT/BETA/PRE for quite a while; I just didn't want to
imply that 7.0-RELEASE had already happened.

If you're already running 7.0-PRE then have a look at "man gmultipath". Keep
in mind that this is a "regular" GEOM class and uses the last sector of the
provider to store its own metadata, so Scott's comments about geom_fox as
far as interoperability goes still apply (other OSes know nothing about
GEOM). The man page does a good job of explaining how the active/passive
status works, so you can be your own judge of whether that meets your
expectations.

JN