Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 1997 17:23:45 -0700
From:      "alex huppenthal" <alex@comsys.com>
To:        "Don Lewis" <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>, "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>, "chrw" <shredder@hack.babel.dk>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: routing between networks

An approach we've used with success is to add another Class C address, by
way of
an alias to your router.

We have non-contiguous IP numbers routed from our site in Aspen to the
Internet.

I setup our Cisco to reponse to both Class C's on its only ethernet port.

If your router is a FreeBSD system, you might consider adding your second
IP Class C (194.19.2) by way of alias. It works.

Alternatively, add another NIC to your router, set its IP to your new Class
C addr, and
BSD should route between these networks with no further configuration.

Hope this helps.