Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 1999 12:35:20 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        "Hongxiang Wang" <wanghongxiang@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fail to install on a Seagate SCSI driver

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999 19:37:54 PST, "Hongxiang Wang" wrote:

> But it always complains that "Unable to transfer the bin distribution
> from wcd0c" after it try to "Extract bin into / directory". I don't
> think it because of my CDROM. I tried to install from NFS server, but
> the problem is same as before. Why?

Are you sure that the error message you get through an NFS installation
is the same as the one you got using your CDROM?  I'm almost sure it's
impossible.  :-)

Did the kernel probe find your CDROM correctly?

What is the exact error message you get when you try to do an NFS
installation?

Ciao,
Sheldon.