Date:      Sat, 9 Dec 2006 08:06:03 -0800
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        yal <yal@yal.hopto.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CURRENT freezes on Laitude D520

--S0QU+l03nqHlODqK

On Sat, Dec 09, 2006 at 04:48:33PM +0100, yal wrote:
>=20
> Last kernel compilation working was on november 27th.
> Dell Latitude D520 freezes within a few minutes after boot. No errors are
> show in dmesg. The internal speaker sounds and acpi stops working.

Do you see a Lock Order Reversal -- in particular, one involving a NIC,
such as wi0?  I've been seeing that on kernels built on 20 Nov and
since; from other messages about it, I gather it's a problem with the
NIC driver.  Unfortunately, I'm not clueful enough in the code to
understand what locks need to be where, but I'm certainly willing & able
to test patches.

Peace,
david
--=20
Believe SORBS at your own risk: 63.193.123.122 has been static since Aug 19=
99.

--S0QU+l03nqHlODqK

--S0QU+l03nqHlODqK--