Date:      Thu, 4 May 2000 23:46:13 +0200
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@chello.nl>
Subject:   buildworlds dying on -current / alpha

I'm experiencing system lockups during a buildworld of -current on
my PWS600, 128Mb, Qlogic 1040 SCSI.

Symptoms: build continues for hours (script foo; make buildworld creates
a 4-6Mbyte logfile) and then the build stops. The system is only responsive
in the sense that switching console screens works, the shell gives you
another prompt on hitting return. But e.g. starting 'ls' just echos the
command and then sits there. I can get to the kdebugger using ctl/alt/esc.

Just built a kernel with -g and will retry the buildworld. In the meantime
comments are welcome. Is this only me or have more people seen it?

--
Wilko Bulte 		Powered by FreeBSD  	http://www.freebsd.org
						http://www.tcja.nl