Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 1997 13:35:48 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Seppo Kallio <kallio@cc.jyu.fi>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org, isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is someone running heavy loaded inn server?

On Tue, 15 Apr 1997, Seppo Kallio wrote:

> Please reply if you are running a heavy loaded News server.
>
> We have Pentium Pro 200 + 128M RAM + 3*4G IBM Wide + 2940 + 3COM 590
>
> +  Linux  RedHAt 4.1 !!!
>
> running inn in heavy load and it does not work (kernel 2.0.30 not at all,
> kernel 2.0.27 maybe) System is slowing down and at last it hangs.
>
> What kind of experience you have about FreeBSD + inn, what is the version
> of inn + FreeBSD you use?
>
> Does it work?
>
> What about ccd? Linux mcd seems not to work, or maybe Linux 2940 driver
> has some problems (is it same as in FreeBSD).

	I'm running a FreeBSD 2.2 box with 96Meg of RAM and about
13 peers, with 7 drives CCD'd together over 2 NCR SCSI controllers...and
am happy to report that other then a memory problem (hardware), that machine
is rock solid...

	Oh, its a 486DX4-100, not a PPro...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org