Date:      Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:56:57 -0500
From:      Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
To:        Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question...

--On Wednesday, July 16, 2003 02:29:15 +0200 Michael Nottebrock
<michaelnottebrock@gmx.net> wrote:

> Larry Rosenman wrote:
>> Out of curiosity, should Konsole make a utmp entry?
>>
>> xterm makes one, but KDE3.1's Konsole doesn't.
>
> That's expected behaviour (of Konsole). It actually does make
> utmp-entries in Linux, but requires the "utempter" utility/library to do
> so, which isn't ported.
I guess the next question is what would it take to port utempter?

It's annoying me, because I've got a guest on my system helping debug
ACPI, and occasionally want to be able to talk him, and I have to have a
real
xterm up.

Thanks for the quick reply, BTW.

LER