Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 2002 21:47:31 -0800
From:      Dale Morris <dlm@well.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   make buildworld fails

Newbie question..

I'm trying to do a make buildworld in /usr/src. I'm doing this in
Xwindows, su'ing to root..
The program exits with this error:

mkdep -f .depend -a   -nostdinc -I/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/include
/usr/src/usr.sbin/boot0cfg/boot0cfg.c
cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/boot0cfg; make _EXTRADEPEND
echo boot0cfg: /usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/lib/libc.a  >> .depend
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error

My plan is to do the make buildworld excluding xwindows, drop into
single user, do make installworld then install xf86 4.1 from the ports.

This should clean up my newbie-mangled filetree and upgrade me from
xf86-3.3 to 4.1, no? I've read quite a lot of stuff but still don't have
a real clear picture of this operation.

thanks
dale