Date:      Fri, 7 Oct 2005 09:38:05 +0200
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-www@FreeBSD.org, Aron Stansvik <elvstone@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: I miss my Handbook link! :)

--9zSXsLTf0vkW971A

On 2005.10.06 16:28:35 -0700, Murray Stokely wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 12:12:43AM +0200, Aron Stansvik wrote:
> > Great work on the new website. I just miss the direct link to the
> > Handbook that the old design had. Any chance you could put that under
> > "SHORTCUTS" in the new design?
>=20
> I second this.  I think the FreeBSD Handbook and the FreeBSD Ports

I agree with the Handbook link, but I think it should replace the FAQ
link (ie. we should remove the FAQ link)... in it's current state I
don't think the FAQ is that useful compared to the Handbook.

> Collection are two huge sells for FreeBSD and both should be added to
> the Shortcuts list.

I'm not so sure about the ports link.  I agree that the Ports
Collection is very important for FreeBSD, but frankly IMO our /ports/
pages sucks, as has been discussed at least a few times in the past...

--=20
Simon L. Nielsen

--9zSXsLTf0vkW971A

--9zSXsLTf0vkW971A--