Date:      Mon, 16 Oct 2000 07:30:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
To:        Siegbert Baude <siegbert.baude@gmx.de>
Cc:        FBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Manually setting 'dc0' to half-duplex ?

At Mon, 16 Oct 2000 it looks like Siegbert Baude composed:

<humbly_snipped>
SB-->ifconfig <driver> media 10baseT/UTP mediaopt half-duplex
SB-->
SB-->But didn=B4t try myself.
SB-->
<humbly_snipped>

Thanks for the command syntax, I ended up leaving OpenBSD-2.7 on the
old Cyrix-586-120 which was giving FreeBSD versions 3.4 through 4.1
the problem and went to a newer 'Slot-1' type machine in another
part of my network and FreeBSD-4.1 kicks 'glutamus-maximus' now.

Now to figure out why "OpenBSD 2.5, 2.6, 2.7" using dc0 for the NIC
card had no problems and FreeBSD did. As a matter of fact,=20
FreeBSD-3.4 was detecting the card as pn0 and FreeBSD-4.1 detected
it as a dc0. Oh well.

The gift from this whole experience is I can now run both FreeBSD
"and" OpenBSD side-by-side on consoles and compare andy differences
with the Linux boxes I use at work. I did'nt think of that when
first attempting to use the same old machine for the *BSD's.

--=20
Bill Schoolcraft           http://wiliweld.com
PO Box 210076=09        San Francisco, CA 94121=09

       " saevis tranquillus in undis "