Date:      Tue, 21 Oct 2014 10:14:16 -0700
From:      Andrew Bates <andrewbates09@gmail.com>
To:        =?UTF-8?Q?fran=C3=A7ai_s?= <romapera15@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Exist university that teaches that is necessary coding in Assembly?

I presume a number of universities that have a college/department of
Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and/or Computer Science may
have some courses that teach Assembly.  The university I attend in the
United States has a few courses that teach Assembly: Computer Architecture,
Systems Programming, & Operating Systems.

This certainly doesn't mean that Assembly is the preferred language of any
of the students that take these courses.  It just equips them with the
knowledge of the underlying architecture and the ability to interact
directly with it.  C is certainly much more popular.

Here are two links to online resources for Assembly programming:
http://programming-motherfucker.com/become.html#Assembly Language
http://www.tutorialspoint.com/assembly_programming/

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 9:57 AM, fran=C3=A7ai s <romapera15@gmail.com> wrot=
e:

> In FreeBSD Forums, the moderator Phoenix also said that  ' very few
> people write directly in assembly, It's the whole point to having C. '
>
> I do not put the topic link because unfortunately
> it was deleted,  the link that  led to the topic is the
> following: https://forums.freebsd.org/viewtopic.php?t=3D42856,  but I
> found him in Archive in
>
> http://archive-org.com/page/3491382/2014-01-08/http://forums.freebsd.org/=
viewtopic.php?f=3D34&t=3D42856&start=3D25