Date:      Wed, 12 Feb 2020 11:53:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd-rwg@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org>
Cc:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd-rwg@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>, "Kumar, Anmol" <anmolk@panasas.com>, "freebsd-infiniband@freebsd.org" <freebsd-infiniband@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: DHCP server for freebsd on IPoIB

> On 2020-02-12 18:19, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:
> > Is there support in FreeBSD for bpf at the IB link layer?
> >

> BPF support is added per driver. And from my quick grep, ipoib supports
> BPF. But the format may have a fake ethernet header.

So that is close, but not exactly what I was asking.  Specifically
I did not mention ipoib, I want to know can I bpf dump packets at
the link layer regardless what the layer 3 protocol is.

And from reading the other email it sounds as if this "fake ethernet
header" is what is getting in the way of bpf into ipoib working.