Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2006 13:00:50 -0500
From:      Skip Ford <skip.ford@verizon.net>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Randall Stewart <rrs@cisco.com>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: REMINDER: Re: HEADS UP: network stack and socket hackery over the next few weeks

Robert Watson wrote:
> The following protocols are not updated for the new world order, and do not
> have a maintainer:
>
>     netatm
>
> I will commit the changes to make netatm compile, but am pretty sure there
> will be socket reference problems.

I've been working on bringing netatm into compliance with the new
world order.  There are currently so many other problems with
netatm, socket reference problems aren't likely to cause much more
of a headache for users.  :-)

I have a list of half a dozen or so netatm panics prior to your
changes, without exercising much of code over just a few days.
I've fixed two panics locally, the rest still exist in my tree,
and all are still in HEAD.

I don't believe the version in the tree can even do the simplest of
tasks.  My version at least has minimal functionality but I can
still make it panic within seconds.  So, it's hard for me to
believe anyone will notice when it's disconnected from the build.
That's not to say they won't miss it in a release though.

--
Skip