Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2002 17:53:26 -0600
From:      Timothy Kettering <timster@blackcore.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Java <java@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   FW: tomcat-apache config

I think for tomcat 4, its mod_webapp.  But who can keep up with all those
mod_* stuff that jakarta keeps throwing at us.

I've gotten tomcat 4 working with apache using mod_webapp without any
problems on freebsd.  I don=B9t currently use this configuration anymore (I'm
using resin right now...)

But I discovered that I hadn't removed the configuration from my httpd.conf=
.
Here's what it looked like (see below) - the port for the warp connector
doesn=B9t necessarily mean its the port that tomcat4 is listening to (for web
requests).   The warp port needs to match the port number specified in the
server.xml file for mod_webapp.  I found this out after much flailing
around. =20

I had initially changed it from 8008 to 8080 because I *thought* it was
supposed to match the port that tomcat4 was listening to for web requests.
Heh.

# Tomcat4 WebApp Warp
<IfModule mod_webapp.c>
      WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
      WebAppDeploy examples warpConnection /examples/
</IfModule>
#=20

>> On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 06:07:45PM -0500, Mesa wrote:
>>> I'm an old hardware guy trying to learn Java, and I'm unable to setup
>>> Tomcat and Apache to deploy a couple of webapp projects.
>>>=20
>>> My system is as follows:
>>>     P11-400 w/plenty of memory
>>>     linux-jdk1.3.1 port w/linux emulation enabled
>>>     Tomcat 4.0.2 and Apache 1.3
>>>     mod_webapp 1.0.1 from port by Tom Veldhouse
>>>=20
>>> mod_webapp is not able to establish a warp connection between Apache an=
>>> Tomcat.  The httpd-error.log file reports unable to connect.  Do I have=
>>> be running the native jdk and/or the latest mod_webapp?  I can't get ei=
ther
>>> to compile.
>>=20
>> I thought the approved connection method was mod_jk?  I found it
>> in the jakarta-tomcat-connectors src file as distributed in the
>> same directory I downloaded the src for tomcat 4.0.2.
>>=20
>> I'm actually in the middle of installing tomcat and connecting it
>> to apache for the first time, I'll let you know in a few hours how it
>> went unless someone speaks up with better info.

--=20
Tim Kettering
http://www.blackcore.com