Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 2004 22:19:18 +0100
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: GEOM stripe library.

--APlYHCtpeOhspHkB

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 09:43:48PM +0100, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
+> The beauty of my model is that there is only two function calls doing
+> one memory allocation involved in this, rather than a ton of function
+> calls where you have to check the error code after each and every
+> one.  (See my daemon-news "blueprint" articles for more on this).

Hmm, strange.
I was thinking that in GEOM world adding disk by disk is much more correct
and natural, because of tasting events than building disks table
first and looking at orphans in meanwhile and at the end call one
function.

+> I also think that you should be prepared for non-uniform striping,
+> even if you think it complicates things, because it exits in real
+> life, even if you have not seen it.

I'll think about this, thanks for pointing this out.

--=20
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl

--APlYHCtpeOhspHkB