Date:      Sun, 09 Dec 2012 10:41:59 -0600
From:      Tim Daneliuk <tundra@tundraware.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Will we get a RELEASE-9.1 for Christmas?

On 12/09/2012 10:37 AM, jb wrote:
> I understand that releng people will build all packages once more right before
> 9.1 release, but perhaps caution is warranted - would 9.1-RC4 make sense ?

I recently upgraded in place from 8.3-STABLE to 9.1-PRE.  I needed to redo
the system because of the sec compromise "just to be sure", so this seemed
to be a good time to do it.  So, using the now-preferred portsnap and
svn download mechanisms, I rebuilt the OS AND every single port.  Thus
far, I've not had a significant problem ... well, other than the fact
that when sasl rebuilds it does not restart the daemon and I couldn't
figure out why mail wasn't going out ...

Tim Daneliuk     tundra@tundraware.com