Date:      Mon, 6 Jul 1998 17:05:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      CyberPeasant <djv@bedford.net>
To:        Solomon_Virgo@brookscanada.com (Solomon Virgo)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unix

Solomon Virgo wrote:
> How and where can I obtain a free copy of the UNIX freeware for windows PC?
>
> I am a student and would like to practice writing some UNIX script

Unix is a separate large-scale operating system unrelated to Windoze;
it is not a Windoze application.

If you would simply like to write shell scripts, I think that the
bash shell, available from ftp at prep.ai.mit.edu, might be compilable
under some M$ OS's. Bash is a version of the Bourne shell, one of
three popular shells used under Unix.

If you have a few hundred free megabytes in a harddisk partition, then
a dual-booting installation of FreeBSD is possible; your best option
is to purchase the 4-CDROM set from walnut creek. (www.cdrom.com).

Browse thoroughly www.freebsd.org for more information.

Dave
--
Sancho Panza: `Microsoft Windows NT Server is the most secure network
	operating system available.'