Date:      Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:14:21 -0500
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Thomas E. Zander" <riggs@rrr.de>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Testers needed! [was: Portupgrade of mplayer to latest version is still broken]

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 19:54:36 +0200, Thomas E. Zander <riggs@rrr.de> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> can somebody please see if Stacey's problem is reproducable?

Nope, I can't reproduce his problem and I am trying to help over at
bsdforums.org too. MPlayer runs great here, but it has very few annoy bugs
such as error message with Metacity if I move gmplayer around and I can't
do the full screen while I play movie. If I stop the movie, then do the
full screen and play movie then it works fine. It seems like it's mostly
related with the WM stuff.

=================================
Window manager warning: Window 0x2200011 (MPlayer) sets an MWM hint
indicating it isn't resizable, but sets min size 1 x 1 and max size
2147483647 x 2147483647; this doesn't make much sense.
Window manager warning: Window 0x2200011 (MPlayer) sets an MWM hint
indicating it isn't resizable, but sets min size 1 x 1 and max size
2147483647 x 2147483647; this doesn't make much sense.
[...goes on...]
=================================

Cheers,
Mezz

> I am not able to get mplayer showing the problem described below.
> For me it works perfectly with gui, without gui and almost any media
> file existing on my harddisk.
> So it's pretty hard to figure out without more useful information.
>
> Thanks,
> Riggs
>
> On Sun, 12. Oct 2003, at 13:23 +0100, Stacey Roberts wrote
> according to [Portupgrade of mplayer to latest version is still broken]:

>> Portupgraded mplayer to the latest in ports yesterday (Sat 11th Oct
>> 2003), but I am still having the same problems as reported in
>> "ports/57622: Portupgrade to latest mplayer version breaks application"
>>
>> Here is the version output I have with the latest version installed via
>> portupgrade:

<snip>

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.